About Me

My photo
I am a writer of dark magical realism. All that is visible but rarely seen, all that is real but seems surreal, all that is dark yet radiates light.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Remix and The Secret

For his birthday, I bought Boo the Remix, "The Secret", the popular new age book that I have never read.  I have thumbed through it in bookstores, glimpsed over it at friend's houses, and though the pages within supposedly hold the secret to obtaining all you want in the universe, I was never interested.  Boo is three quarters of the way through the book and is already a proponent.  He feels with The Secret's teachings, all that he could ever want is his.  I am not convinced.  The whole premise to me sounds like blind optimism.  But since nothing these days is winning, hence, there is nothing to lose, I'll give it a try.  Remove all doubt, express gratitude, visualize and wish, wish, wish.  Again, I haven't read the book, but that seems to be the gist.  As we drove to get some food, the new song by Nicki Minaj, "Right Thru Me" came on.  He felt its appearance on the radio dial proved The Secret's validity as he was just thinking about it.

Aside: I don't agree that song proves anything as the Young Money crew is ubiquitous.  I also hate that song, my tolerance for drama in relationships is zero.  Boo thinks that a little hot grits thrown on him every six months keeps everything spicy.  If I cared, he'd come outside and see his car windows bust.  And to show his love, he says every other month a black eye will keep me in line.  He is kidding, but why do some people think dysfunction is a requisite component in relationships?  Let me utilize the secret: I am grateful for the lack of drama in my relationship with Boo.  I relate to him in clear mind with clear action through clear thought.  He does what I say and I get what I want. I told Boo I was feeling depressed about my book not going anywhere.  He said my depressive thoughts will bring me more depressive thoughts.  He was right: out of the blue I received a rejection letter from an agent I didn't even remember sending a query letter to.  What to do? He told me to be grateful for the rejection letter, as it is just one step closer to landing my dream agent.  Since I have none of my own, I'll borrow some of his good cheer.  We'll share his positivity, as he has plenty to spare.  I love my Boo, to me, he is very dear.  I visualize a day that flows just like today, but with the addition of plenty of money (say it like mon-ay to keep up with the rhyming pattern, okay?).

So here goes The Secret: I am grateful for x,y,z.. now bring me some money!  And to my dream agent: You got my e-mail.  With love and appreciation, I'm waiting, holla at me!

1 comment:

  1. BLACK EYES , STEAK KNIFE STABBINGS , THROWING GLASS CUPS EVERY NOW N THEN , THATS HOW U KEEP THINGS SPICED UP IN A RELATIONSHIP U KNOW LOL ... AS FAR AS THE SECRET, U GOT TO CHECK THAT OUT IT WILL CHANGE YOUR WHOLE VIEW ON LIFE

    MATT MONTANA

    ReplyDelete