About Me

My photo
I am a writer of dark magical realism. All that is visible but rarely seen, all that is real but seems surreal, all that is dark yet radiates light.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

FORGIVENESS

Beware of people who constantly preach forgiveness. They will harm you intentionally and then try to manipulate you for the express purpose of holding you to standards; they do not hold for themselves. I know how to behave and if I harm you; it is deliberate and I am out to destroy you. Best believe, they are too. Unless they are a young child, or an animal; they know right from wrong. They just don't care enough about you to treat you with respect; they don't feel you are worthy. Reciprocate the action and see how forgiving they are of you.

Why do you hold them to such high regard and think so lowly of yourself? My energy is precious; it will be only extended to those who can replenish, no forgiveness. You are expendable.

6 comments:

  1. @Mz. Kim: I know this post read quite harsh but the story that prompted it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What story miss lady? While I agree with being smart, forgiveness is a virtue that is not gotten from how others act or relate to you. You forgive cos you want to and not cos the other person does or does not forgive irrespective of the baggage. Not forgiving drains your energy anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous: the story is unimportant. you can really choose to just keep it moving. for me, out of sight means out of mind. i have forgotten more people in life than i have remembered. i never known of a person that was air, food or water aka essentials for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wronged in my life. I've never truly forgiven anyone. How do I know I haven forgiven? I still have resentment. I resent all those who have wronged me, and until that's gone, ain't forgave shit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anonymous: Let them and the resentment go. Move forward in your life without both.

    ReplyDelete