About Me

My photo
I am a writer of dark magical realism. All that is visible but rarely seen, all that is real but seems surreal, all that is dark yet radiates light.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

THE VIRTUE OF PERSEVERANCE

I don't innately have it. I want everything quick, fast and in a hurry. Life for me is like the tortoise and the hare. I always start out going 100mph and then somewhere in the middle conk out and go to sleep. When I wake up, everyone has passed me by.

One of the many keys to unlock the proverbial door of success in your life is to take stock of what lessons you need to learn. If you take the time to examine your life, you will see patterns. Lessons that weren't learned will crop up again and again as opportunities for you to finally get it right.

You want to move forward? Learn your lesson: I persevere.

“Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” John Quincy Adams

1 comment: