About Me

My photo
I am a writer of dark magical realism. All that is visible but rarely seen, all that is real but seems surreal, all that is dark yet radiates light.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

DATING LAW OF ATTRACTION

My good friend is a fan of internet dating: he says there is strength in numbers.  He's told me wild stories of first night fistings and all types of debauchery.  Now he's getting up there and he is ready to settle down and instead of looking for a freak--this time he is using the internet to find his fair princess.  But just like women complain there are no good men, a lot of men say the same thing too--yes they have a higher quantity to sift through but the overall percentage of quality for both sexes is the same.

Two months ago there where four maidens that were vying for his attention and after he got laid off and had to give up his apartment (he never saves his money: spend: spend: spend) he was down to one.  This last woman standing was a nurse with aspirations of becoming a nurse practitioner that lived alone with her nine year old daughter.  She owned her own home, car and from their first conversation she was in love.  She wanted my friend to pack up and leave and move in with her and her kid across the country.  She had great plans for him: he could chill for the next couple of months and in December he would enroll in diagnostic imaging school and she would support him.

My friend was excited; he felt the only thing missing in his life was a good woman, a partner. Together they would save money, get degrees, part the Red Sea.  With this independent woman, he had it made in the shade.

I told him something must be wrong with her she seemed rather desperate.  Now my friend is an excellent conversationalist but to be that open on an unseen man, really?  Why would a woman willingly take on the burden of another mouth to feed?  She ain't heard that song, "Ain't nothing going on but the rent"?

Sidebar- Non sequitur718 singing: YOU GOTTA HAVE A J-O-B IF YOU WANT TO BE WITH ME!

Let's skip the fact that he was a stranger and could easily have been a pedophile rapist freak.

He told me a good woman will stand by her man and lift him up if need be.  Mmmmhmmm, let's skip the fact that he wasn't her man.  

They met once--she flew down to his state, paid for a hotel room and their meals, they had sex, all was cool. Since she seemed nice, and he had nothing left in his home state to lose; he took the trip across country, August 1st was the date of the big move.  I didn't hear from him the last few days and then he hit me with this text:

Him: Pleasantries, blah, blah, blah

Me: I started a blog

Him: Good. Put in there my best friend said, "If a bitch is interested in you when you have nothing and she seemingly has something; don't mess with her.  She's fucked up and broken.  Only a woman that thinks she is nothing would want a man who has nothing.  This is the filthiest bitch I've ever known and believe you me; I've known some filthy bitches.  I'm leaving on the next thing smoking!"

Me: LOLZ

My relationships with my biggest losers in life were when I was at my lowest, so true.
The obvious and unnecessary lesson learned from this:

Fellas: don't expect Beyonce to come save you when you are lil Cease. The Beyonce's of the world don't want no scrub.

Ladies: Instead of finding a man to fix, fix yourself first.  If you are bored get a dog, learn a skill, find a hobby!

4 comments:

  1. Funny. Beautiful story. But I have a similar one contrary to this. Sometimes it does go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shai...Yea, anything can happen. I was kind of hoping that it would work out, it would be nice to hear a happy ending for a change. I am a romantic pessimist but that's really because all I hear are stories of mayhem, duplicity and misery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yet I still believe it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO!!! @ If a bitch is interested in you when you have nothing and she seemingly has something; don't mess with her. She's fucked up and broken. Only a woman that thinks she is nothing would want a man who has nothing. This is the filthiest bitch I've ever known and believe you me; I've known some filthy bitches. I'm leaving on the next thing smoking!"

    ReplyDelete